Why choose a Pedigree Cat?
The main advantages associated with opting for a pedigreed (pure-bred) cat are:
- Easier to know about resulting appearance and temperament through researching a specific breed
- Pedigree cats are typically very well-raised, making it likely that the animal will be healthy
- The breeding stock is usually tested for possible genetic failings and diseases
Advantages for opting for a mix-breed cat, include:
- Belief that they are more hardy
- Less expensive than pedigreed to obtain
- Much easier to obtain
However, non-pedigreed cats have the following disadvantages:
- Character traits of parents generally unknown
- Uncertain how cat will turn out
- Hard to be sure the cat has been properly raised and cared for
- Health issues may lead to expensive vet bills
As a breeder, we are committed to preserving the Siberian cat’s natural health and hardiness. We continue to be impressed with this breed even by cats from completely different lineages. We wish to preserve and if possible (!) improve the overall greatness of the Siberian Cat for future generations.
TICA’s tips on finding the perfect kitten: http://www.tica.org/members/publications/brochures/kitten.pdf